View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 09:04 PM   #99
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I just re-watched V2 start to finish, because I find myself saying over and over again that I don't remember how they did stuff (except for the Luthien at bay / hatred / Thingol's doom combo, I love that part!). So, turns out that I actually like how they did the departure from Nargothrond (Halt... not sure why it's called that); the characters are not too jarring, and it's more musically complex than V1 in a good way. However, during Beren's arrival to Nargothrond - if he spoke this way to Finrod "in real life", he's be shot dead a dozen times over, ring or no ring. And I broke up laughing during their Prison Duet, because just as Mr. Fierce is saying "there is no fairer face", he looks like his fist is about to correct the situation.