View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
As for Saruman's protection, while he had nothing against them, I won't be so humm hmm hasty about his help if something came. First, he didn't have much actual power - meaning military power or such - until he started to do these hum hmm evil things. Also, the Ents were already there when he (such a newbie) came. But mainly, I don't see the Ents expecting anyone's protection for any reason. "I am on nobody's side, because no one is actually on my side," as Treebeard said.
Thank you Legate for pointing that out, it gives me a chance to better explain myself. It's always nice to have someone with a head that's clearer than mine.

What I meant was that nothing really harmful would happen to the Fangorn because Saruman was friendly towards them, in the beginning, meaning that they could have had a worse neighbor than him; and who would want to burn or hurt a forest that is so close to a wizard. Although the legends about Fangorn would be enough to scare almost anyone away, having a powerful wizard as it's neighbor kind of adds to the danger.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 05-26-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote