View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Leaf Anger in the Old Forest!

I reading the Fellowship of the Ring a couple weeks ago when suddenly a question struck me (not literally of course): Why is there so much anger in the The Old Forest? Ever since the hobbits of Buckland can remember there has been great tension between the woods and the living things that dwell on it's borderes. I can never figure out why.

Now I'm not a genious, but I am a thinker. I've come up a hypothesis that the Old Forest is made up of the Entwives, and as it says in the the book, the Entwives left Fangorn because they had an argument with the Ents on whose land is best. The ents liked the untamed forests and natural growing of plants, while the entwives liked everything in neat rows, in a cultivated garden. I think some of the anger from this might have carried over. This also brings up another interesting question for me, was there a reason that Tom Bombadil dwelt so close to the forest, or was it purely by chance and not related at all the "angry forest."?

It's a long shot, but I thought it was still worth sharing with ya'll. Can anyone help me out here? Why is the Old Forest angry?