View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #104
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
This was Rudy's perfect chance, to get Mira to leave this silly adventure, and go back home. He should be rejoicing, but for some queer reason, he wasn't. He wasn't happy at all. It seemed to Rudy that Mira was only saying what she thought Rudy wanted to hear. He could see that she still longed for an adventure, but had a deceased gaffer and a over-protective brother pulling her in the opposite direction.

Rudy felt a light whack on the back of his head. "Good heavens Rudy! What has gotten into you? Don't you know how to welcome your relatives? Why every spring you and Mira would come up with the gaffer and visit. You couldn't wait because Hyacinth would make you all the bacon you could imagine. She knew how much you loved it. I know it's been a while since you've been up - how long has it been, dear?" He said turning to Hyacinth, but didn't wait for an answer. "Why it's been almost thirteen years, and I sure hope you haven't forgotten us. Remember when your gaffer - "

"Fredegar, how could I possibly ever forget you or Hyacinth?" Rudy intended this as a compliment, but Mira chuckled, because she knew Rudy literally did mean it was impossible to forget Fredegar and Hyacinth Chubb, if you had met them. "Pardon my rudeness for not welcoming you, and introducing you to my fellow hobbits. As you've probably guessed, this is Mira, and that is her friend, Tansy. We've all had a lot on our minds recently, I hope you forgive my poor manners. Speaking of the gaffer, we have to talk, but let's do it outside. Mira, stay here with Tansy."

Mira nodded, even though she probably didn't want to stay, just sitting there. Rudy got up from the table and headed out of the inn with the Chubbs. It wasn't more than a few minutes, before the three hobbits came back into the inn. Mira lifted her head off the table, and the previously jolly Chubbs, now had sorrow looks on their faces.

Rudy sat down across from Mira, and looked directly into her eyes. "What do you want to do, Mira? It's ok, you can tell me the truth."

Mira let out a huge sigh, as if she finally dropped a ton of weight she had been carrying. "I don't want to go home. I want to go on an adventure, with my friends, but how can we now?"

Rudy smiled, he was finally able to get the truth out of Mira, that's all he really ever asks from her. "You know the Gaffer wouldn't want us to be held back, because of him. I bet you, if he could speak to us now he would say: Mira! You can come see me anytime you want, because I aint gunna be doin' much movin' anymore. An adventure! That's somethin' every hobbit should do, but sadly very few ever get the chance to do!."

"He wouldn't have have said it like that!" Mira laughed for what seemed like the first time in a long time. "You're forgetting where he ends with: Whaddya say we make game out of it, eh?" Mira sunk back down, as if all her excitement and joy deflated again. "Still, what are we going to do? It hardly seems right leaving him here."

"Don't you worry about it, Mira, dear." Fredegar quickly jumped in. "Rudy has explained everything to us. My wife and I will take the gaffer back to his home, and give him a proper funeral. He will be missed by many, he was a kind soul. He will be waiting for your return and all the details of your adventure."

"That settles it! You're going to search for the Entwives, whether you want to or not!" Rudy tried to say it sternly, but couldn't keep a straight face. "Now, someone needs to let Bunny know the plan." Before Rudy could finish, Mira went racing off to find Bunny.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-22-2008 at 09:37 AM.