View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #137
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Ravion's Ramblers: Ravion

Ravion swiped irritably at the small cut on his face. It really wasn't that bad, but it did sting. He didn't want to waste any of his bloodmoss on it, but he did wish he had something to bring down the slight swelling that had begun around the cut.

He turned around when he heard Gwyllion start to rage. She was beating on Aeron's stomach, having already knocked him to the ground. He exchanged a quick, worried look with Mellonin--even if he didn't like the siblings, the last thing they needed was a serious injury--and strode quickly over to them. Aeron pulled Gwyllion up and whispered something to her, dusting himself off.

"Ravion, I know what you are going to--" Aeron began, but Ravion held up a hand.

"Save your breath. Or at least get it back before you start wasting it," Ravion said, his voice less snide than he would have had it. Gwyllion's outburst, this time, was more worrisome than irritating. "Gwyllion, go into Gond's saddlebag--the one closest to his head, on his right side. Find a reddish-brown powder and bring me a pinch. It should help Aeron's sore stomach." He raised an eyebrow at the boy before Aeron could protest. Gwyllion nodded and left.

Ravion took a deep breath and ran his hands over his face, over his hair and to the back of his neck. "Aeron, I know that we are not friends. And I know that what I am about to ask is probably more personal than you'd like to share with me. But I have to know this. If you will not tell me for my sake, tell me for Mellonin's sake. Will Gwyllion stay like this? Is something wrong with her? We cannot allow her to continue like this. What caused that outburst? We are too far along to send her home, thus, we must find how to keep her calm. We cannot afford many more of those outbursts."