View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Agreed with Agan concerning running naked, that is very Finnish of us though. Could be questioned why the Nordic people, who definitely should keep their clothes on in order to stay warm, are the ones who are the most comfortable in taking them off. Hmm...
And the English aren't as bad as the Americans. I thought the communal bathroom at Crickhollow was a bit odd but there were communal showers at school even in my day.. and nude bathing is an Oxford tradition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parson's_Pleasure

There is a story of a group of dons who rushed to cover their err embarassment when a boat party of ladies appeared. Most wrapped their towels around their waists but one took the swifter action of throwing his towel over his head. When his companions asked him what he was doing he replied "I don't know about you chaps, but in this town I am known by my face..".

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote