View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #63
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"It's not all your fault, Edwin, " said Jessamy quietly and she was the one who was crying as she stood unsteadily between the boy and her brothers. "You didn't ask me to come out here."

Silas's anger melted into pity "And I don't suppose you could have stopped her if you'd tried" he said gently to the boy, as he moved towards Jessamy and slipped his arm around her heaving shoulders. "The others should be home by now - we met them on the road on the way. And no doubt our Dad will have things to say to Jess when we get back and your folks will be the same with you. But the important thing is, barring further mishap, "you do get to go home. And for that you have Karl and Willem to thank". He added before addressing his sister.

"Come on Jess, don’t cry, it’s cold and damp enough out here”

"But you were so angry with me and so will Mum and Dad be. .. and Seth is being .."

"Is just being Seth. He can't help it " supplied Bryn helpfully.

“We were scared we had lost you, little one, but it will be alright. I promise we will make it alright somehow" Silas resolved realising Jess’ tears were of genuine contrition rather than born merely of self pity. ”Don’t worry about it now”.

But still his sister wept finding it harder to stem her tears in the face of kindness than anger, and no longer caring what Edwin or anyone else might think.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 04-08-2011 at 07:07 AM.