View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #16
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
About Thuringwethil . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'll be playing Thuringwethil, I believe, as long as that is alright.
There is one problem with playing Thuringwethil - this game takes place in 471 FA. Thuringwethil is thought to have perished in 468 FA. See HERE.

The key here is that she most "likely" died then when Sauron's Isle of Tol in Gaurhoth (formerly Tol Sirion) was destroyed.

I was thinking you could somehow include in her history section how she might have escaped being destroyed, leaving Sauron's employ when Tol in Gaurhoth fell, to rejoin Morgoth.

Also, she is most likely a Maia - so she is a spirit who can manifest whatever form she wishes. It's not really Skin-changing/Shape-shifting like the Beornings, who are Men. She chooses to manifest the form of a vampire with great wings and iron claws, especially when she is acting as a messenger and needing to fly somewhere quickly. And I'm sure if she wished she could seem as fair as needed. Or even take on a completely other sort of form.

I doubt she would need to actually 'eat/drink of' other lesser creatures to maintain her energy. But having become an evil creature, I could see her enjoying tormenting and killing whatever life forms she desired.