View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #32
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Interesting read about your photography and writing, Fea.

Since it was suggested that the 'oldies' redo the survey here is mine (new and hopefully improved as it were >.<):

Name (that you go by): Immy on the Downs, Sonja in RL.

Occupation: I don't have one as of yet -- unless one would like to count writing short stories and trying to compose a soundtrack for my brother's movie an occupation.

Future Aspirations: Becoming published, or becoming a jeweller. Or an editor of a fiction magazine. I'd like to be famous too, or, barring that, something like a Queen of Pulp Fiction much like Jack's mother was Queen of the B's in The Talisman.

Goal in life: Living life. I don't want to plod on through the years...I really want to live. This sort of living, mind you, doesn't include doing stupid things like getting drunk all the time...but truly enjoying the life that has been given me and not wasting it away.

Short term goals: Finishing that silly soundtrack...

Passion: Story

Hobbies: Writing, playing computer games, and here I must add the obligatory "wasting time" and "being lazy" sentiments, adding that if one were to laze, then one must laze beautifully (taken from An Evening of Long Goodbyes).

Famous for (brag about yourself): Getting the highest score in the German 1 final and only reciving a 90 something ish percent on the final of German 2? Being somewhat smart isn't easy, because I always seem to fail to meet expectations.

Fave book: Singular. Tsk. The Keys to the Kingdom books by Garth Nix, Neverwhere by Neil Gaimon, The Ender books by Orson Scott Card, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, various short stories by the authors listed above, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard, The Hobbit by Tolkien, That Was Then This Is Now by S.E Henton, Peter Pan, The Thirteen Clocks by James Thurber and the list could go on...

Fave movie: Again singular....tsk tsk. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Benny and Joon, PotC, X-men (I love mutants so this shouldn't be a surprise), Phantom of the Opera, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride (should have ended differently though), Spiderman 2, The Princess Bride, and of course the list could go on...

Fave sport: Sports = ew....

Fave store: Book stores and coffee shops. Pure heaven if the two are combined.

Fave music: Rock, Techno (I guess)....um...German Bands....Oldies...I'm not really too familiar with what all the different types of music are called.

What you can't stand: Arrogance. Usually people aren't as great as they think they are.

What you plain dislike: Hatred.

Who you admire: I admire people who know what they want in life, and will strive to get it, but, in the striving, they won't become obsessed with it. Also people who know when and how to simply let go...

What you most love to do: I love to read and write. I love to play World of Warcraft. I love to simply lie on my back, stare at the wall, and to simply take time to think and dream.

Your self-confessed flaws: Hastiness.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Stealing an answer here..but People.

What scares you: Many things.

Quotation to live by: My life matters because I'm alive, joy or pain, whatever comes, I'm alive and that's meaning enough. -- Orson Scott Card.

Value-specific:

What do you want most in a friend? Honesty. The ability to share comfortable silences.

Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about [stuff] in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

-- Pulp Fiction (slightly edited >.>)

What do you want most in a teacher? A love for their subject. If a teacher does not love their subject, then it becomes boring. And the world ought not to be boring, yet so many teachers manage to make it so simply because they do not understand/love their subject.

What do you want most in an ally? Common sense.

What do you want most in a team-mate? A willingness to teach if I'm not as good as he is.

What do you want people to remember most about you? Wow...not really sure how to answer this question...especially since I've been quite a jerk on these forums at times and I'm really rather sure that's what the Downers remember here...herm...I'm going to be cliche and just say I'd like people to remember me as a relatively good person.

Writer-specific:

Your favorite work you've written so far: Works or ideas...sometimes the ideas don't flow to the paper so well...however, to answer the question, any of my Vampirish stories.

Your favorite character so far: My favourite characters don't turn out so well on paper. Sometimes I'm tempted to just keep them safe and pristine in my head.

What you plan to write soon: An editing of my first attempted piece of horror fiction that was spawned from a rather interesting "nightmare".

What inspires you to write: Story and music

What makes your writing stall: Fear

Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? Oh yeah. What writer doesn't? Usually I let it sit in the depths of cybor space for a year or two, have a flash of inspiration, take it out, write feverishly, read it a few days later, and then realize that it actually is still poor quality and then once again despair of ever writing anything really good.

Middle-Earth specific:

Your favorite ME character(s)? Bilbo, Smaug, Gandalf the Grey, Faramir.

What do you like about them? Bilbo just seemed more real to me, more relatable as well...Smaug for his cleverness (though I could do without the arrogance), Gandalf the Grey for his wisdom and his...I want to say taciturness but that's not the right word. Whatever it was that made him say, Fool of a took! Faramir for his sadness and then happiness with Eowyn.

Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? It's been a while since I've read LotR (don't hurt me), so I think I'll just go with the Death of Boromir and then Frodo and Sam bravely going on ahead.

Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? I am no man!

Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Looking at a race as a whole, and not at certain people within the race, I'm going to go with human. Humans seem to be ordinary and I'm an ordinary girl.

What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I'd like to be a hobbit -- a hobbit because they know how to enjoy life.

What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? The Shire for it's simplistic beauty.

Where would you want to visit? Why? I don't like to travel usually...may I skip this question?

Last edited by Imladris; 06-21-2006 at 02:01 PM.