View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 11:16 AM   #595
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Erebemlin

The swamp held no answers. Erebemlin tried to pierce the thick fog with his gaze, and yet found no words to answer Marigold’s straightforward question. The elf was a strong warrior, who had always faithfully served his King and the Lady who followed. In battle he fought with an unfaltering confidence, and he was able to guide and lead others easily. However, these qualities did not aid in his uneasiness in discussing his feelings. Marigold had caused him to react in an emotionally driven manner...embarrassment, and he was ashamed. How could he tell her why he felt that embarrassment, for he knew not himself.

He could in feel the River Daughter’s eyes on the back of his neck. Turning slowly over his shoulder, he was surprised to found her with a gentle expression. He had almost expected ridicule, but instead there was a sparkle in her eyes. "This is a beautiful place, my lady..." His voice was low and he spoke slowly trying to gather the right words. "...and I am truly sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable by watching you." Marigold opened her mouth to protest, but Erebemlin continued quickly. "I have not seen a....lady...such as yourself before." The elf lowered his eyes and glanced back toward the swamp for a moment. "I am sorry."

Last edited by alaklondewen; 12-04-2004 at 11:17 AM. Reason: siggy