View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 05:47 PM   #24
luthien-elvenprincess
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: what are you doing here? did you come here to eat my popcorn?
luthien-elvenprincess has just left Hobbiton.
Hi, I am luthien-elvenprincess and I am a downsaholic.
AT first, I simply played the quizzes on the Barrowdowns web site, and I was satisified just experiencing that. But, one day my eyes strayed over the site and found the 'forum' section. Little did I know that day that I would fall into an endless cycle of quizzing. Simple curiousity was the excuse I would use. But, soon I had to come up with something better...somehow, I had to pacify my family..."Why, why, why?" they would ask as I sat in front of the computer searching through Tolkien books to find a quiz answer. "What is the point of this all?" they would ask. "Good literature is never a waste of time", I would self-righteously answer. "Hey, at least it keeps me off of e-bay" I reasoned aloud. My husband was satisfied with this truth...for awhile; until he caught me at the book store searching for Tolkien reference books!
Now, I find that even when I am not on-line...I am re-reading beloved Tolkien books...with a pen to mark pages that have a good trivia question or quote. Or, to write in a notebook that I now keep handy to record pages and information that I can use for a question on any of a number of quiz threads---if I ever get the correct answer first and have oppurtunity to post a question.
Will I ever find a cure...do I even want a cure?