View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #22
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Thoronmir studied the man in the corner, wondering what he was up to. He was about to go and question him when the door opened and six figures stepped in. Four elves and two men, one Rohirric-looking, the other Numenorean and about Thoronmir's age. The man clad in gray said something to one of the elves, then walked over to the table where Thoronmir was sitting. Thoronmir indicated a chair for his use as he approached. "Veryadan," the man said, nodding to each of them. "My companions and I were hoping you might join us for our meal. It’s been a long road from Minas Tirith to Bree. We would enjoy your company. And any tidings of this area you might have to share with us would be greatly appreciated. What say you? Shall we pull up extra chairs for you at our table?"

"Certainly," Thoronmir said. "I'm Thoronmir, leader of the Dunedain in this area. This is my second-in-command, Menecar. I believe I've met you before, Veryadan," he said as he headed to Veryadan's table and sat down. "You and I fought together at the Pelennor Fields."

"Yes, I remember seeing you there," Veryadan said. "You almost got trampled by that mumak that I had warned you about five seconds ago."

"Well, I was a little too worried about that giant troll that was trying to smash me with his club to hear you," Thoronmir said. "But more importantly, I must ask you not to speak very loud." Thoronmir's voice had become a whisper. "We spotted a man who's been very interested in us..." He gestured toward a dark corner of the Inn, where Fen Shepherdspurse had concealed himself.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 09-10-2004 at 06:46 PM.