View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 04:34 AM   #299
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
The comments about this news were seriously disgraceful. Being passionate about the source material is no excuse.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LOTRUpdat...90294983905284
People are... disgusting. Nor is it even 'passionate about the source material'; there are no sources claiming that all seven houses of the dwarves were pale, and frankly I doubt there's even one for the Longbeards! It's just knee-jerk racism.

~

Overall I'm not 100% convinced by that twitter account's claims. They're sourcing from this one, and things like... the absolutely covered-in-gold character is Gil-Galad, whose whole theme is silver? Are you sure?

But that's fandom rumours for you. Probably some are true, some are not. We will all find out in - cripes - seven months.

If they are right, then we seem to have three timeframes represented in the posters:

- The First Age. They're claiming Galadriel on the Helkaraxe, and I've seen a very plausible theory that the broken sword could be Gurthang. Also, y'know, Two Trees image.

- The War of the Elves and Sauron. Celebrimbor, and potentially Durin.

- The Akallabeth. This is most of them. ^_^ They've namedropped Elendil, Pharazon, and a surprisingly-scruffy Isildur (and his sister Carine*).

(*Which would be Ca-ri-nė, not Ca-reen. Plausibly Quenya but without any obvious derivation.)

I've seen suggestions that the First Age material is limited to the first episode; whether that means it's just a prologue, or whether they're devoting an entire episode to Beleriand, I can't even speculate.

(I was gonna start posting theories about the posters, but a) lots of work, and b) if there's official rumours, there's not a lot of point.)

hS