View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #288
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Who played Earendil? Because I played Elwing! It was a funny coincidence.
Great minds think alike... or are dealt similar enough cards to choose from. But yes, I did play Eärendil. It was a nice coincidence! And that was the reason I asked Boro if he'd allow a double-victory on that remarkable coincidence.... but that was not to come, I see.

Of those in play this round I'd say quite many would fit the term "sensitive" (susceptible, sympathetic, tender).

On the top of my hat I'd think the following at least merit consideration (in the order they appear on the list)...

Barliman Butterbur - Haha, always willing to know how people like him, ready to please everyone, feeling strongly about his guests and his own honour ("What would others think if they knew something happened in the Prancing Pony"), sympathtic to the bone, susceptible, especially to flattery, and a bar-tender.

Nienna - Now if there ever was a trump-card to "sensitive" you should consider Nienna. If you are the "ladý of pity and mourning" you need to be sensitive and have loads of sympathy. And being susceptible goes more or less as a job descritpion for Nienna. Maybe not as funny a choice as Butterbur, but to the point on a level of her own.

Beleg - So sensitive and tender-hearted towards Túrin it proved his own downfall. Sympathetic to the edge of that being tragic.

Gwaihir - Always so sensitive and susceptible about who can ride him and how much and what for...

Huorns - Very sensitive to the opinions and actions of others towards forests. Their tenderness and sympathy is pretty limited though and towards any "out-group" they seem to be everything but that. But a nice choice still as I tihnk it is their susceptibility and sensibility that made them join the cause when Gandalf did his "Saruman-tricks".

Others I don't think fit so well, but maybe after some thought I can come up with words on their behalf as well. But at least now I'd say the five aforementioned are the contenders.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote