View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 09:47 PM   #8
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Well, one thing TTT doesn't deserve is "Best Adapted Screenplay". I haven't seen much this year, as far as Oscar contenders go, though...so I don't know what it would be up against in that department. Maybe, even with all the departures and disregard for the book, it is still the best adaptation out there.<P>Best Picture...hmmm...even though I'm biased towards anything LotR, I thought "We Were Soldiers" was a really good movie, so I don't know that I wouldn't have to give that movie the nod.<P>I give Sean Astin best supporting actor, though, and Andy Serkis the newly created best performance in a motion capture suit. <P>Best FX should be a given. Come on, Star Wars and Spider-man don't even begin to come close to Gollum alone.<P>Best Cinematography...it's New Zealand!<P>Best Score (that I've heard)though I doubt that it really will win, just 'cause it's got so much of FotR's music in it and that already won.<P>Best Costume and Best Make-up, of course. Where's the competition there?<P>I think there are more obscure type awards I'm forgetting, like best editing or best foley-art or something like that. But that's what I think should happen, anywhoo...