View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #232
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
The timeline

Ok, Belin and I have worked through the ending and have a timeline ready.

Week of May 14 - May 21

Belin will kick off the attack on the settlement on the 14th, Friday. Hillmen, check PMs for more specific instructions, but feel free to post about killing guards, burning tents, stealing horses, etc.

Settlers and rangers, fight back. We can make a dent in the hillmen, but a good many of them will need to escape. We're all a bit drunk and lazy from the celebration anyway, and security, though just stepped up, has been lax. Fight as well as you can, though, and we should lose few citizens, though possibly a good number of gaurds.

Dwarves, head back to the village please.

May 21 - May 24

Reactions to the attack by hillmen and settlers/rangers alike. Feelings, survey of damage, celebrations over living through the fight. Dwarves arrive back at the settlement, but don't tell the settlers what they know yet.

Week of May 24 - May 31

The Settlers and Rangers track the hillmen back to their village and take prisoners back to the settlement for judgement. The settler/ranger group will be divided into trackers and those left at home to clean up the mess. Dwarves will reveal the connection between the hillmen and the settlers at this time.

May 31 - June 5

Hillmen are brought back for judgement, and given the choice to either join the settlement or be iradicated. Settlers/Rangers will have to fight with those who refuse to join the group.

June 5 - June 11

End of the game. The stone for permanent buildings will arrive, those who chose to stay with the settlers will have to start their new lives there. The town will start to become a town, and the rangers and settlers almost one people, united by the continuing threat of the hillmen who are still out there. We end on a hopeful, but not totally resolved note, rather like life.

This gives us plenty of time to finish the game within the deadline bethberry gave us. If we need to extend one section or another by a few days, it's not a tragedy. If, however, people check the game frequently and post regularly, there should be NO problems getting through what we need to within this time frame. Please, if you have any questions, PM me or put them in the discussion thread. I am happy to clarify any points that need clearing up.

Thank you to everyone for their patience with the game. We're in the home stretch now, and I know we can end this game well and before our time is up!

Last edited by The X Phial; 05-13-2004 at 12:01 AM.