View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #5172
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I guess I'll say "in" for the 19th April unless you get lots of people who really want to.

If it were you modding , would you be using Rikae’s setup, another you have planned, or just a standard template (I'm assuming not a long discussion over what it should be)? In any event I'd like to request that we have a Dead Thread even if it's just observing and doesn't interact with the Game Thread at all - it's fun to bicker along and then discover we were totally wrong about everything even while dead!

(I think this point was generally agreed on, so I don't think it's controversial?)

hS
I think Dead Threads should be mandatory. :-p This is the Barrow-downs, after all.

I'd like to give "the Ghost" a try in some form, but I am:

A. Thinking of myself as a placeholder name and therefore not too hard about it.

B. It'll depend on the numbers. Though... if it is a SMALL game, (say less than 12ish), it might make for a good test run. I'd say I envision something like:

Six Players
1 Wolf
1 Gifted (ranger? hunter?)
4 Ordos

Ten Players
2 Wolves
1 Cobbler
1 Seer
1 Ghost

Sixteen Players
3 Wolves
1 Cobbler
1 Seer
1 Ranger
1 Hunter
1 Ghost

Honestly, the breakdown per tier is very much spur-of-the-moment. I am, besides not being wedded to modding, very open for suggestion/negotiation there, but I think it illustrates the different tiers of size and how that might impact the roles. I think a Ghost should be possible even in a smaller game, but it WOULD make that game very much a test of that role.