View Single Post
Old 05-04-2001, 12:50 AM   #3
Pengolodh
Haunting Spirit

Pengolodh has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Silmarillion 2nd Edition

I got the my copy of the second edition Silmarillion yesterday. It is a hardciver and it looks stunning. I did not have an english Silmarillion, only read the one in my native tongue. There is not much difference with the other English Silmarillions though. As said by X Phial, it changes some details in names of Numenorean rulers. It also includes a very long letter from Tolkien to Milton Waldman. A ridiculous decision to put it in there in my opinion, since it covers , in short, the whole of the First and Second Age. So don't read it. I already read it in Letters of Tolkien, but I can't really understand why they did this.

Anyway, it is almost exactly the same as the one you bought, so nothing to worry about.

Check Amazon or BN for other Paperback or hardcover editions for your UT.

"In those days the Noldor still roamed the Hither Lands, Mightiest among the Children of Iluvatar, fair and tall and their beautiful voices were still heard by mere mortals"</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000097>Pengolod h</A> at: 5/4/01 2:51:34 am
Pengolodh is offline   Reply With Quote