View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #764
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally, if you had turned out innocent I would've had to smack you for going after Rikae like that.

So yeah, Rikae was my Night 1 dream. I tried to make that apparent by giving the clearest opinion of her on Day 1. I also made the subtlest of clues by spelling out 'ordo' with the first letters of the first four sentences in my first post. Not that I was expecting anyone to catch it; it was something I would've used to refer back to in case there was a false reveal.

Sorry if you guys thought I was too subtle with my hints. Then again I can't help but wonder if the wizards managed to catch onto them because Greenie was my Night 2 dream. Going back to some of the things I said about her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn Day 2
Greenie: Voted for McCaber. I think she's the only McCaber voter who had some reservations about him from an earlier post (before his vote). Based on her reasoning and interactions with McCaber, her vote does look like an honest one to me. So far, I'm thinking she looks more on the innocent side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn Day 2
So far
Looking Innocentish
Sally
Rikae
Copper
Greenie
Shasta

Feeling Okay About
McCaber
Inzil
Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn Day 3
Not worried about
Rikae: Just looks like a frustrated ordo.
Copper: As already stated, I'm still thinking that Pom's vote was probably not wolf-on-wolf.
Greenie: I'm feeling good about her posts toDay. They seem well thought-out and logical enough.
Shasta: Hope he shows up toMorrow.
Inzil: His Day 1 vote makes him look more innocent and he hasn't said anything to change my opinion of that.
Loslote: Already was leaning innocent because of her Day 1 vote, plus I like what she's said toDay and agree with a lot of it.
Bane: Will probably be modfired.
Sally: I suppose there's always the possibility she's a very sneaky wizard who threw her mate under the bus, but I see no reason to suspect her.
Boromir: Still not sure about him, but I like what he's said toDay.
Nerwen: Like Rikae, looks more like a frustrated innocent.
Compared to the unknowns who looked innocentish at the time, I kept her on the most innocent section of my lists both Days and like Rikae, focused more on stating her genuine behavior for innocence. With the others I used their voting history more as reasons and also tried to emphasize some uncertainty (hence all those 'buts' Greenie mentioned). The wizards killed Greenie the Night after me, so I don't know if they maybe caught onto this or if it was just a coincidence.

What might have thrown you all off is that you were looking for a Night 3 dream that didn't exist. I did dream, but it was Volo, which was utterly useless. How on earth was I supposed to hint that my dream was dead without being completely obvious? I couldn't figure that one out.

Funny thing is that I had this gut feeling during Night 4 that I was gonna get killed. It didn't hit me until after deadline, and I didn't have a good reason why to feel that way. I just felt maybe I looked more seerish than everyone else...but then of course I'd think that because I know I'm the seer. After my death, I thought maybe I was too obvious, but then the village spoke otherwise, so I hoped maybe I was right after all about Gil, which I wasn't. And now I find out it was completely random? Well, that's just my luck...

Btw, my Night 4 dream was Nogrod. I initially thought I would dream Gil, but then I was concerned about how potentially dangerous an evil Nogrod could be. The situation was that either both of them were evil, one was evil, or neither were evil. At the time, I was thinking more likely the second option, but in case they were both innocent, I figured it'd be more helpful to trust Nogrod, which is why I dreamt him. Not that it mattered since I died (but thankfully he didn't become a lynch candidate).

I must say how frustrating it was from a dead seer's perspective, to see so many villagers seem convinced that I must have dreamt a wizard simply because I suspected a couple people. Sally was actually the one who caught onto my hint that indicated I didn't:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Less than three hours left, and I still don't feel like a strong lynch candidate has been brought forward. I'm going to have to go back through this thread and take a closer look.
At that moment I thought, thank goodness someone noticed it. Finally, a villager who's paying attention. After Greenie died, I realized maybe it's the baddies who are the ones paying closer attention to my posts...

I did enjoy watching the game to come up with my own conclusions (of course being dead, I didn't put too much thought into it). Once Gil turned up innocent, I thought it was probably time to re-evaluate things. If I were alive, McCaber and Inzil were two I would've taken a closer look at since I found them most questionable. Especially McCaber after his postmortem analysis of me, which I found suspicious. Sally I knew just had to be evil after she suddenly jumped on Rikae. The forcefulness of her attack seemed too crazy for an innocent to do, but made perfect sense for a wizard.

Okay, I admit I was kind of a lousy seer. In my defense, it's my first traditional game in almost three years and even longer since I've been a seer...so maybe I'm a bit rusty.

Overall, it was a great game which stayed interesting to the end. Kudos to Loslote and Nerwen who excelled in their roles. It was a great effort from the baddies who probably would've won if McCaber hadn't been hunted (his death certainly shed some light on Day 1). And of course good work to the ordos who managed to figure it out at the end.