View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Foley, I do hope you realise I am not being critical - just only too aware that the one situation that hasn't been anticipated is likely to arise... and while I am shoving my oar in I would add that moddidng is more effort than you may think and you must be selfish and choose the best time for you - you can't please everyone with a world wide clientele so you may as well suit yourself.
I haven't felt you were being critical, so it's all good. I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Oh can the watchman protect KD from the other Forge members?
Sure, if he can figure out who he is, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I have only one question, or concern, regarding the King's Dwarf: what actually prevents the King's Dwarf from coming out the first Day and saying "Hi! I am KD, the rest of the baddies are X, Y and Z."? I think a person with any sense for sporty game wouldn't do that, but just hypothetically, I could see a problem with this. Or is it so that the KD can only win if he/she really, really survives until the end? (If so, then perhaps you should emphasise it a bit more strongly...)
Well, the main thing that prevents him from coming out on Day 1 is the fact that the Forges will kill him during the night. Or, as Mith suggested, he could put himself up for killing that evening. But that would completely ruin the entirety of the game and I would be really cranky.

No, my intention was that the KD could never announce to anybody his true identity. I am sorry I never said this. As you can see, I really don't know what I'm doing and am only learning as I go along.

I'm trying to think realistically in the context of my scenerio - the KD doesn't want to die, so he can't tell the villagers who he is because then either the villagers won't kill him and the Forges will, or the villagers will kill him so the Forges won't. Heads he loses, tails he...doesn't win. I almost made it so that the game would be over if he died at all, but I figured that would be way too difficult.

So the idea of a sort of seer, so that the villgers would have another gifted...
And also the idea that 1 in 3 being a Forge member is too much...
I will think it over. You are probably right.

What do you all think of the idea of the KD choosing the Sweetheart?

Edit: Nerwen, are you joining us?