View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye PHANTASY FOOTBALL: Arda Cup 2012

The Phantasy Team Competition is fast approaching!!

Tell your friends, tell your enemies, and tell those people you don't really talk to!

Last season that yearly powerhouse Gwath took home the title for the second time, finishing well clear of everyone else in the field. Can anyone stop him from repeating?

Perhaps another past champion, Skip, or Boro, will make their own argument for being the greatest of all time. Or maybe some perpetual threat, like Nog, or Nerwen, will finally break through.

Or what of Sally, Shasta, Nilp, Morm, or Eomer- all have had bright spots. Perhaps this is the year that everything comes together for them.

But yet again, we could be treated to a surprise- perhaps Galadriel or Inzil will catapult ahead after learning the ropes their rookie season. Or maybe an old hand will return to us in glorious fashion- Wilwa, McCaber, Steve, Fea-Ni, Hakon, Lari, Glirdan, TGEW...

Or could a fresh face unexpectedly shake things up?

We'll see....

Before I list the rules for this year's competition, we need to take care of some business, and we need your help.

We need to vote on the roster for Tol In Gaurhoth!!

Per tradition (and as a reward for lots of game-writing and organization), Nog and I are on the team, as is Nilp for his article-writing and brackets and charts and match-writing contributions this year.

So, there are EIGHT open slots on the team. I am reserving THREE of those spots for the first three Downers that announce their participation in the Phantasy Competition if this year is their first time playing.

That means there are currently FIVE slots open to election.

As of now everyone is allowed five total votes for either nominating or seconding. Anyone that receives four votes is in immediately, and if not enough Downers have received the necessary number of votes by the end of next week I will simply take the highest vote getters.

The team currently stands-

Tol In Gaurhoth
GK- (TBAwolf)
DF- (TBAwight)
DF- (TBAwight)
DF- (TBAwight)

DF- NilpWolf
MF- (TBAwight)
MF- (TBAwight)
MF- (TBAwight)

MF- PhantomWolf
FW- (TBAwight)