View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Negative Negative Negative....

So the movies didn't follow Every Single word in the book so they had to take certain creative leaps for the movie...
Nonsense Nonsense Nonsense...

I don't believe any logical poster here expected a movie wherein every line was repeated like biblical text. I, myself, would call out anyone for making such an inane comment.

However, when you say 'they had to take certain leaps', that seems to be merely apologist flimflammery -- a sycophantic genuflection to weak revisionism. There was much that was haphazardly tossed in that was not even germane to the stilted plot jury-rigged atop the original storyline. Many of the film sequences were unnecessary, irrelevant and inherently flawed. Just because someone stamps 'Middle-earth' on something doesn't mean I have to get all goose-pimply and bow to the maker of the product.

P.S. And it is a 'travesty' the way The Hobbit has been handled, by all and sundry. Del Toro leaving so abruptly tells me all I need to know about the manner in which the film is being tossed about like it was a porcupine with flatulence.