View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I certainly don't qualify as one of the first LotR fans and not as an early Tolkien fan either, but as I became a LotR enthusiast before the films came out and before I discovered internet, or at least before I discovered discussion forums, so I feel like I have a "right" to ramble here...
Ooooh do I have a right to ramble as well? I was but 4 years old when I fell in love with LotR. Surely that counts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
When the movies came out, everything changed.
Indeed. I didn't take it like you did, though... I thought it annoying that LotR, that had been MY personal oddity until then, was suddenly known to all. I found it disgusting that all the boys in my school were suddenly playing Aragorn or Legolas in Helm's Deep, and pretended to know so much about LotR. I hated it. (Have mercy, I was, what, ten years old...)

I never really minded not knowing too many other fans. It was sufficient for me to have my sis (and her friends, and my dad and that friend of my mum's, for that matter) to talk about LotR with. Some of my friends have read it, most have not, and with those who have we rarely discuss it.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote