View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #507
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
Compelled to respond now

Well I know what role I play in our incarceration. I needed like others have needed from me, "more to go on", therefore I asked them to have a say. I asked it to draw attention to the fact that a suspicious character might lie in these quiet players- knowing I myself could be counted among them.
So you were drawing attention to the fact that you were drawing attention to the fact that you could be counted as 'suspicious', which is supposed to in fact make you look more innocent? A wolfish tactic I've used myself.

Quote:
Because I anticipated being asked and being judged on my vote as has happened to others so far.
Regardless of that, it looks to me as if you were looking for a reason to make your vote okay.

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwe
In regards to the 'flipflop' comments- my defense of the quiet players was only because a couple of players had in my mind at the time labelled them as useless, and being one of them I felt it just to comment. But on Legate's and Rikae's clarification, I accepted that I had misunderstood their point, as you pointed out, I accepted the clarifications. This was also the case regarding Legate's comments regarding "throwaway" votes, I was just attacking his view point not defending e_d.

So I don't think it much of a flipflop me maintaining that these folk should be the focus of some suspicion.
You don't think going from "quiet players should be looked at and say more", to "quiet players are no more suspicious than loud players", and back again, is a flipflop?

Quote:
At the point I voted, in my mind it seemed clear that Inzil would be the one to go, regardless I would not have voted for him as I said to Legate, I held no suspicion over him. This leads back to Legate's comment about my e_d vote being "throwaway", I felt as if he meant he would have preferred me voting for Inzil or Nessa, the two who had garnered so much attention that day.
If you held no suspicion over Inzil, the innocent thing to do would have been to try and save him, not throw away your vote where it would do no good to anyone. I fully agree with Legate here - your vote was throwaway.

Quote:
I admit, it was a bit of a backtrack but only in so far as to point out to her I wasn't presuming she didn't read a single post in the game and just voted.
I'm afraid it looks more as if you're saying "I voted for you but I don't actually find you suspicious".

Quote:
So, I would say i'm not flipflopping. Just defending a certain strategy while drawing attention to it (because it can be successful).
"Drawing attention" means you want it looked at while you're defending it at the same time. That's, like, the definition of 'flipflopping'.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote