View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #23
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I arrived outside a movie theater at about 9:30 am, meeting a wonderful friend who was so incredibly nice enough and crazy enough to have arrived there about 5:30 or so, and so was about 4th or 5th in line. I stood outside that movie theater until noon. I entered the movie theater. After watching FotR EE, TTT EE, and RotK, as one of the very first public showings, starting at 11:30 pm, half an hour before even midnight movie goers, I did not exit the theater until approximately 2 am, and was not home until about 3:30 am. I missed an english exam for that, and skipped a total of a day and 6.5 periods of school.

Roleplaying is my biggest hobby, and really my only hobby.

I have been on the Downs now for over three years.

I attempted to learn Elvish, and still plan on doing so.

I own tons of LotR action figures and have played with them, and spent probably over an hour positioning them all in my room when I redecorated.

I saw FotR over ten times in theaters, I saw TTT about 8 or 9 times in theaters, and I saw RotK about 6 times.

Every other thing someone says reminds me of a line/even/character from LotR, book or movie...or from another nerdy film like Star Wars.

I cried several times while reading LotR, even the second time.

I got scared reading LotR, even the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim
When I was a teenager I spent one weekend camping in the woods a few miles from my house pretending to be Aragorn the Ranger watching over the Shire. I had a full costume including a fake sword (broken one foot above the hilt), I slept in a bedroll rather than a tent, and I paid a visit to the place where my father Arathorn had been slain to erect a cairn in his memory. I also did some pining for Arwen (not hard, since at the time I was in love with a dark-haired girl who was too good for me....).
I've been planning on doing something like this for years. I've also considered living like that for at least a few months.

I met my boyfriend of almost a year and seven months through a LotR related game.

And lastly, I will never forget when a 1st grader said I looked like Galadriel when I altar served in my white robe.

Lastly, but there is still et cetera.

And I suppose it's back to denial for me. Or celebration. Whichever you prefer.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote