View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #33
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Completely off topic, I have to say that, being in another forum for the first time in a long time, I've grown to appreciate even more how great the community is over here. I am absolutely sick of reading through a page and a half of "I totally agree with everything that has been said before" or "pwned, lolz" or even "Yeah, well, I don't care if you think such and such, because I am much better than you because this and this".
Don't read the LOTRO "Roleplaying" forum posts. They're even worse.

I think the instanced houses will be more than likely, if houses are implemented. It would make sense, considering they don't have the lore to support an SWG-type system. And random, player-built settlements don't mesh so well in a Lord of the Rings-y environment. It also becomes incredibly difficult to maintain a lower lag when a non-instanced housing area is just sitting around. There'd be almost too much activity for the server to handle.

At least, that's what logic would say.

Who knows though. Vivendi did some weird things when they were the publisher. And Turbine has done some weird things since then.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote