View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #370
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I've been trying to read back on some of the people I have less read on, starting with Nilp and while I was at it, I also took a look at Mac. Since I'm doing so in-between breaks at work, it's a quest for several hours, but since it seems quiet, hopefully I'll manage to finish it before it starts to be busy again...

Nilp started the first Day by self-voting followed by Cobbler boots and talking about "if I were a Nightmare Wolf, I would..." After that, it went gradually more thoughtful and reasonable (mostly, at least whenever he got to say something non-banter-y). The second Day, he had some very reasonable points, followed by suspicion of Mac - on rather random grounds, however, basically, by way of assuming that the Wolves had to be one of Nog, me and Mac - that far I can still follow - and then concluding that it was Mac without much of a reasoning. I would like to hear more from him.

Mac - looking back, he was actually very "happy-go-lucky" at the start of the first Day, later got to a more analytical mode. This all happened with not so much activity. Pitch was one he suspected, ending with voting him. Seemed very convinced that Hui was "at most a Cobbler". I would not think a Wolf-Mac would make such clear statements, but then again, anything is possible.
On Day 2, he had reasonable points again. Overall, he seemed convinced about quite a few people being cobblerish at one point or another. Had some back-and-forth with Shasta that eventually ended with him accepting Shasta's clarification. Eventually went with voting Nilp out of his suspects, which I would still like to hear about.
In this light, perhaps the most incriminating part is that both his votes were in such a way that went "off the mainstream". Mac can definitely be highly individualistic, but it could also be a good cover not to get involved in anything incriminating. I am still wary of the way he sorta floats about.

Overall Nilp remains in my yellow zone for now, and I will definitely wait until when he reappears to hear more from him. Similarly, Mac remains in my orange zone.

I would like to still look back at the posts of people like Rikae and Pitchwife, who remain in my center-grey zone, or even Greenie, whom I'm overall getting good vibe about but perhaps should try to look freshly at. But somehow not sure if I will have time since this took so long... now to see if anyone posted...

EDIT: I see I'm x-ing with Mac and Rikae themselves. Let's see if I have time to read and respond now...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote