View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
And the Round 1 victory...

Meneltarmacil.

Congrats and as I said, Bombadil was for sure going to be one of the front runners.

Personally I was pulling for the surprise of "There and Back Again" or Attercop.

I was quite intrigued by the argument of from a Hobbit POV, Bilbo's adventure was the most absurd thing a hobbit could do. Any decent and respectable hobbit would definitely label it absurd, and heck Bilbo for a while also thought it absurd too! And come to think of it, from a message (although about one of the different people) the point was made, that most outsiders would probably find the characters and Tolkien's story as an "absurd story."

Then the arguments made for Attercop, and perhaps Legolas making a late push, there might have been a chance for them.

Still, the leading representative of absurdity keeps the title. For you need no different perspective, nor argument for Bombadil. He is. And that is, without question, absurd.

Next round coming up in a few hours. Continued discussion on this round is encouraged (but not required)...and if anyone else wishes to share what their card was, may do so now.