View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #40
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Yes, indeed. In being the cobbler, and prancing around as a prospective Seer, I would get myself killed by the very creatures I would try to help bring to victory. Also, as the cobbler, I do not know who the wolves are. It does not help me to be cobblerish when I have not yet been able to feel out the situation.

I will also say that the General's logic is quite flawed, and his conclusion incorrect.

But, for instance, let us say I am the cobbler. They say that you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer. To do so allows you to watch me, and neglect anything I say. Thus, in negating my effects, you take away my ability to help the wolves and you have one less person to worry about. If the wolves kill me then, because I no longer can serve their purposes, it is a safe kill for the group.

To lynch me on suspicion of being cobbler or wolf or what have you, without any definitive evidence (with the opinions seemingly being driven by my pompous aristocratic comments), is but the first step in handing over our lives to the wolves.

I will now look more closely at Naria and Nogrod. The former and Thinlomien now top my list of suspects.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote