View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #57
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Meliot Tussle

Meliot entered the inn, humming to herself. She was late today. She would have been here earlier, if she had not spent all her morning, sewing little Tom's trowsers. That was the third time that week that one of her brothers' clothes got torn. "And I won't bother next time, to be sure of it!" she said to herself. "Wherever are those two going, that they tear their clothes so often, I can't guess. Stealing mushrooms and strawberries, I suppose. They'll end up with soon with a smaking and no mistake from one of the farmers, and serves them right!"

She went to her usual table and sat down. She looked around her with interest. She saw new guests at the inn, and also some of the Big Folk. She rubbed her hands, excited. She had always felt intrigued by other races. She was thankful that the inn was a meeting place for all sorts of people. She loved hobbits, but it was a bit dull to see the same faces every day.

Meliot looked out through the window. It was as fine a day as any could wish. The boys will be up to trouble again, she thought, they could not stay home on such a day. "Well, let mum or Poppy take care of them, for a change." she muttered, dismissing the idea of going out and looking for her brothers. She felt too comfortable to get up right now, and she also did not like to give up a day at the Golden Perch, once she was there.