View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 11:59 AM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
An abridged version of real-time commentary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
At some point in the show, one of Isildur's buddies is gonna die. My money is on the one that decided fighting is not for him after all, and he wants to dedicate himself to peaceful prospects.
Called it. Also, I second/third/Nth everyone who said that Anarion should have been the one (allegedly) dead rather than Isildur. You may or may not actually kill him, but at least this way there is real suspense as it could go either way.

Why must the mithril be mined just for the sake of saving the Elves? Can’t you give the Dwarves their own vices and faults, delving too deep not to save a friend but out of their own ambition?
Also, that is a very literal healing with the power of mithril.

“In your mother’s case, she actually does have lice in her—” …hair? Or beard?

Why are Galadriel and Theo going away? They went from where everything happened, where they would have a hope of ascertaining who is alive or not, to… the opposite direction of everyone else? But still to the Numenor camp? Is this not all happening in the same village? There were literally other people alive and calling for help and Miriel and Isildur went to save the people in the burning hut and where the hell are Galadriel and Theo? This makes zero sense.

Can they decide already if they wanna do the “proper Elvish pronunciation” or not? Stop switching back and forth from the more natural English-accent pronunciations to the “Elvish accent”.

Is Galadriel sure she is not Luthien?

The Harfoot song about how the hobbit ate his snail daughter? Again an example of how the songs are the best part about this show. Simultaneously very nursery-rhyme-ish, but also evoking the creepier elements of the Harfoot culture.

Creepy shaman dudes!

Why does a horse evoke more emotion than actual people?

Bronwyn, you were supposed to have lost lots of blood recently. Act like it.

Why will Numenor return? The whole thing was never set up properly. Why did Miriel sail so passionately to war for this Southlander nobody? Why does she care so much? Why is she so invested? Why is she still invested now?

Galadriel was talking about a raft, not a horse. Where was she planning to raft to miles away from water? Or are they on the ocean shore already and just need to get to the beach? Then carry the damn dying guy with the festering wound, don’t make him ride.

Seriously? You reveal the Balrog now? I mean, we knew it was coming, but, like, let’s spoil the climax before we even properly get the rising action going.

“Mordor” for “dark land without sunlight” makes sense, and would have been a good twist on why it’s named that way – except again it’s an Elvish word, and while I can accept Adar’s fondness for Elvish it’s not a name that should go down all that well with Orcs.