View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 AM   #152
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay... I promised I would give some explanations for my suspicions, so here they are.

Mormegil-
In the first round, he listed his suspects as Ang, Fea, Firefoot, and I. It is possible that he included Ang and Fea on his guilt list to make himself look good in case they were indeed executed (which seemed likely at the time), and perhaps he rather would've seen Ff or I lynched. In the next post, Morm says that he doesn't suspect Fea any more (a retraction), he doesn't mention Ang (an omission), but he still names Ff and I as suspects. If Ang and Fea are both werewolves, it is entirely possible that Morm initially accused them to make himself look guiltless in case they were killed and took his accusations back in hopes that his werewolf pals wouldn't actually be killed. Morm never cast a vote either. Was he trying to remain unsoiled, or could he not bring himself to cast a stone at a fellow werewolf? And now, he has voted for Firefoot. To me, his anti-Firefoot reasoning is not all that solid. It is possible that he is desperately trying to find an alternative to Fea for people to vote for (assuming that Fea is the other wolf).

Primrose Bolger-
I found it odd that Prim accused the same three people (Saucy, Bilbo, and I) as Ang and Fea. Was she just going with the flow, or was she in league with them? She didn't cast a vote either. Was she not anxious to lynch anyone, or was she lying low? Also, in her last post, she gave an innocent sounding farewell to Saucy (she "did think he might be one of the werewolves"), and she also made an effort to get on my good side and suggested that we follow my plan of lynching Fea. Is she willing to cast a stone at her sister-wolf because she figures she's gone anyway? But if Prim is a wolf and the other is someone like Morm, then she's obviously only wanting to go along with me because it would result in killing an innocent Fea.

Firefoot-
She hasn't done much to gain my attention and she also voted to kill a werewolf. Perhaps she thought that it was a done deal and that she would cast a vote to make her look innocent, but that doesn't seem right somehow. She went along with it too easily.

Oddwen-
Oddwen's immediate vote for Firefoot might be suspicious to some, but the way it was written and when it was cast... I think Odd was just having a spot of fun (Odd later took the vote back). Oddwen hasn't posted much either, and didn't vote. I can't completely rule Oddwen out as perhaps a werewolf trying to lay low, but I don't think that's right.

Fea-
As I pointed out on day one, Fea and Ang seemed to be working together, and Ang was proven to be a monster. This places Fea firmly as the number one hanging candidate. If she is not a werewolf, the wolves for sure wouldn't kill her since she takes suspicion off of them onto her own shoulders, but does that somehow cancel out her incriminating behavior?

Bilbo-
From the beginning Bilbo generally seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me, and when the voting was still up in the air (between Ang and Saucy), Bilbo voted to lynch the true werewolf. Of course, it is technically possible that Bilbo is a wolf, but I seriously doubt it.

Kuru-
Kuru has remained calm and level headed, but is this simply a ploy? During Day 1, he voted for Anguirel, but only when one more vote was required (in other words, Ang's demise was already inevitable). Perhaps Kuru thought that if he got in a quick anti-wolf vote that it would get people's eyes off of him. The only person he really implicated during day one was Fea. He was willing to go along with the "kill Ang, then kill Fea" plan, but perhaps only because Ang was going to die anyway and he knew that Fea was an innocent townsperson. So I definitely can't rule Kuru out- I know he's smart enough to pull one over on us- but for now I would lynch others before Kuru.

Mith-
Mith made good points and was the second to vote for Anguirel. That was a risky strategy for a werewolf. At that point in the game, the innocent Saucy was on his way to the chopper. Mith is perhaps the most innocent in my mind (next to myself, of course).

the phantom-
Fea's assertion that I am guilty lies somewhere between improbable and impossible. I was the first to vote for Anguirel. When the voting was still undecided, I made this anti-Anguirel post, which was quickly followed by a torrent of votes and Anguirel's hanging.

Also, Fea is the last person who should accuse me. Ang and Fea were both in the same boat on day 1. Had I desired, I easily could have switched their places in my posts and said "today hang Fea, tomorrow hang Anguirel". Now- if I am really a wolf and Fea is truly innocent, why in the world would I have passed up a free opportunity to kill an innocent person- a free pass for all three werewolves to move into the next round? Not to mention that if Fea was hung and found out to be a common person, much of the blame placed on Anguirel would then be lifted, which would definitely be good for the wolves. But instead of doing that, I lead the charge to kill my fellow wolf? No way. I'm smarter than that. There is no way that I am a wolf and Fea is innocent. It doesn't work. As a matter of fact, it is more likely that we both are werewolves (which I hope you all see as highly unlikely).

The most obvious choice is that Fea is a wolf and I am not. The second best choice is that we are both innocent. Neither of those choices include phantom=wolf.

There- I've said my piece. Now, let us see what Mith has to say.