View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #60
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Alright, before I share, let me just explain that I was on vacation and was very hyper. I think I was on a sugar high... These aren't so much embarrassing as they are just funny...

My first one is kinda like ArrowOfGreenleaf's story, except it wasn't an elf. My dad and I were driving down this road and I saw this guy walking down the street in the opposite direction that was bald but had a huge, bushy brown beard that went down to about his waist. He kinda hobbled about and was quite chubby to top it off.
We yeilding for a short red light and I stuck my head out the window and shouted at the guy "Hail, Gimli, son of Gloin!" The guy kinda looked around for a second and dad pulled me in and took off. Now I wonder why he did that?

Alright, same trip, different day, the family was driving to see some farm or something in the middle of nowhere. The roads were small and constantly went from two laned one way to two laned two way streets. As we were driving, we came up to these signs that said "Pass with care" and "Do not pass" alternatively. Happy day, happy day!
So, of course, everytime we came up to a sign that read "Do not pass", I took it upon myself to yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" to anyone I saw. This included my dad, my mom, my sister, squirrels, people crossing the street, the cars next to us; y'know, just to make sure they saw the signs. For some reason not everyone found it as entertaining as I did. What strange people...

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote