View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #317
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
N3, 4583 Valian time

Melkor looked very pleased. Actually he looked very much excited. And he couldn’t restraint himself from telling the Maiar why he was on such high spirits. He just had to share his fortunes.

“Excuse me for being a bit late, but I have been busy lately. I am the ever watchful, you know. The Firstborn are here! And the Valar have no clue – but I! And they are mortal at least in a way that they can be killed! I’ve tested that… Oh the day!

And you know what? Oromë is looking for them, sure, but he’s looking for them in totally wrong places… and I’ve set lying whispers around that those captured from among the Quendi – as they call themselves – were taken by a Great Rider with a wild horse to devour them… Cunning, eh?

I’ve brought hundreds of them here into the pits of Utumno, breaking them, corrupting and enslaving them with slow arts of cruelty. They will be the backbone of my swarming armies to come! My… dorks! My Quendblins! Hmm… I need to work on their name still.

But ha! Someone of you said earlier that Ilúvatar’s plans outshine mine and that it’s his blueprint that in the end is behind everything. Now I wonder did he plan to create the firstborn only to give me an army of slaves? Think about that…”

Melkor looked triumphant.

“So how about you Loslote? I’m in such a good mood I’d be happy to grant you a quick and only freakingly anguishing death."

Lottie stared back on the mighty Melkor and opened her mouth in a subdued defiance.

"Some things are in our control and others not. Things in our control are our opinions, pursuits, desires, aversions, and, in a word, whatever are our own actions. Things not in our control are body, reputation, command, and, in one word, whatever are not our own actions.

So what others - other prisoners or you - decide is outside my control and thus nothing to me.

We are disturbed, not by things themselves, but by the thoughts which we form concerning them. Death, for instance, is not terrible, else it would have appeared so to Sally as well. But the terror consists in our notion of death that it is terrible. When therefore we are hindered, or disturbed, or grieved, let us never attribute it to others, but to ourselves; that is, to our own principles. An uninstructed person will lay the fault of his own bad condition upon others. Someone just starting instruction will lay the fault on himself. Some who is perfectly instructed will place blame neither on others nor on herself."

"Okay... stop that gibberish." Melkor said quietly. And then he vanished.

Everyone was still, just looking for what would happen.

Nothing happened.

Many had started to feel the insecure relief, when Lottie suddenly started to melt in front of their eyes: first the skin, then the revealed organs, and finally the bones. All that was left of her was a pool of rainbow-coloured liquid on the floor which in turn started slowly turning black and evaporating as it did.

Lottie had been an ordinary innocent.

The living:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs
elronds_daughter - A spirit of no-nonsense
Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
Shastanis Althreduin - A spirit of water
Kitanna - A spirit of all things unimaginative
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Pitchwife - Tender of Oromë's dogs
Inziladun - A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Blind Guardian -A spirit of evil ways
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Mänwe - A spirit of short acquintances
Valier - A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Thinlómien - A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.

It's Night 3 now.

Hush everyone, except those who have legal errands...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote