View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #6
Dynaviir
Wight

Dynaviir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Dynaviir looked at Soronume with no expression. He said blankly; "You are welcome, do not go."

Dynaviir sipped the last of his coffee. He looked up at Novardion. He was looking at him with some discontent, as if he was confused.

"Are you sure you are all right?"

Dynaviir smiled at him. "Yes, perfectly well, thankyou."

Dynaviir looked around the table. Niniel hadn't seemed to notice a change in tone, but she looked somewhat uncomfortable. Perhaps at the questions being asked. Dynaviir noticed both Novardion and Soronume were looking at him. He looked away.

"I.. I think I will go and see Doeinwei. It's such a beautiful day."

Before anyone could reply, Dynaviir had stood out of his chair. He politely waved to both Niniel and Soronume, but hastily walked away. Novardion was following him. He was stopped at the door.

Novardion held Dynaviir's shoulder and looked at him. "May I come, friend? I would enjoy meeting Doeinwei again, very much so. And I think you would appreciate the company."

Dynaviir was looking at the ground, but now he looked up. He was feeling awkward. "No, thankyou. But please, come any time. Just.. not right now. Please. I am sorry. I shall tell Doeinwei you are coming; I am sure she will be glad."

He turned, and without waving goodbye, Dynaviir walked to the door. He pushed it open and stood outside. Novardion hadn't followed.

He stood against the wall of the Inn and sighed. No one was nearby. He closed his eyes tightly. Things had seemed better that morning when he had seen Niniel. He had not been close - in his eyes it was close - to anyone for years, save Doeinwei. He had been lonely, and he was used to lonliness. He wanted to open up.. but he was afraid...

Afraid to be close to anyone, when he knew he could lose them.

He opened his eyes and looked at the sky. The sun shined down on him and he felt warm under it. He gazed at the clouds. Everything seemed so peaceful here. But he couldn't enjoy himself.

He had wanted to attack Soronume when he had first seen him. But why? Was it memories? His dreams? Was his mind reflecting on the past? What that man had done to her.. the woman he dreamed of.. it had changed his own life forever. It was beyond cruel. Some days, Dynaviir wondered if he could ever be close to anyone again. And then, he would always be on his mind. Him. The one, who had dealt the final blow to his torment.

Dynaviir now realised he was covering his eyes; shut tightly. He opened them and felt a tear trickle down his face.

Why was this so hard? Why couldn't things ever be the same again? Why.. why was he so afraid of everyone? Every time he saw a woman, any woman, scared by any man, he was reminded. And he wanted to hurt that man - whoever he was - because he would not accept it. He never wanted anyone to suffer like she had done..

Slowly, Dynaviir wiped his eyes. He stood up straight, and walked to the stables.

[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: Dynaviir ]