View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 12:10 PM   #245
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Regarding Pio's kind offer to come up with calculations on the length of our route and how long it will take to travel that far.....

Quote:
I don't mind doing this for you - but I'm a little unclear about where you are at the moment.
To tell the truth, so am I. Esty mentioned the waterhole as the place where the travellers would likely head, so I made a beeline for that oasis without looking where I was going!

I think we can assume that the oasis is due east of Umbar and about a six to seven hour journey from the city, since Esty implies it is the first real place to stop. We started out at the crack of dawn so it is likely mid-day to early afternoon now. My initial impulse was to have Ráma now veer off to the south. Does that help? Esty - If you had something more specific in mind, let us know.

Ealasaide,

Actually, I chuckled when I read that 'thorny' description!

Hilde,

The save sounds fine. I'll go ahead and put one up for the initial conversation between Narika and Ayar so you can put yours after that. If you need to use Narika or Ayar in your own post, of course, feel free to do so. Enjoy your company.

~Cami