View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #153
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill

Avanill had hardly slept upon the ground that night. His mind was to pre-ocupied with thoughts of the past days. What did i think i could do? I am in further than i intended to get... The sooner this is over the sooner i can get what i came for.He rolled over form where he was sleeping. The sky was not as littered with stars as it had been on other nights.

Avanill had taken interest in it then,That all their ancestors were watching over the living, it was one of the tales his mother had told him as a boy, at leasat when she was home. Atantri had left her son for months at a time when he was a boy, and he stayed with his grandmother at her inn. When he was thirteen, Atantri returned and took him with her, but she was still young then, she had been only sixteen when she married his father. He did not know the correct circumstances under what this affair was arranged, only that his grandmother was not interested.

Months later, Atantri was betrayed and slew her husband, before her seventeenth birthday, she bore a son, who was Avanill. He had always been close to his mother and respected her for bringing him up instead of leaving him to die. And he never asked any questions.

He turned back over and was surprised to find Naiore sitting across from him. "Is it third watch yet," he asked in a voice still slurred by sleep. "It is," Naiore replied with precision. He understood that no other words than that had to pass.

In the quiet of the night (accompanied by the snores of Barrold Ferney) he went to check on the small array of potions and powders sizzling and cooling on the embers of the fire. He noticed that Naiore too had moved, she had taken Vanwe, rather harshly. Avanill riased himself from him knees and stood straight, his dark blue eyes widened in wonder.

Maybe its a mother daughter thing... no Avanill couldn't be, no mother treats her daughter like that, no mother...he followed them for a while, not far enough that it could be said that he was following. What met his sight in the coming minutes was horror to him. Avanill could not quite tell what Naiore was doing to her daughter, except that he oculd tell it wasnt nice. Though Avanill on the surface felt that Vanwe probably deserved what she was getting thought that deep down she was the victim.

Its her own fault!he told himself. If only she had obeyed us, we would have been very civil, nice even. And i dont like having my good deeds thrown back into me face, as far as im concearned, Barrold can do what he likes with Vanwe, and so can her mother, who am i to interfere in matters of the family.
he nodded to himself, but no matter how hard he tried, he could not shake the guilty feeling from his shoulders. A cold shiver chilled his blood as he watched the two elves and finally turned his back on them, and stared at the sky.

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-12-2004 at 03:53 PM.