View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf This post is dedicated to Eomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Yes!, and I think we've covered that rather extensively, not to mention it's been stated over-explicitely in the rules, so I marvel how an innocent Agan seriously couldn't have got it.
What exactly makes it difficult to believe an innocent could have misinterpreted the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I'm pulling a Lottie here and saying that people saying other people's votes for them "don't make sense" reeks of baddie-ism.
What doesn't make sense in sally's vote is her attitude, "Agan might do that as a baddie, ergo, she's a baddie."

And then. How come certain people are suddenly all convinced I'm the cobbler and look like they weren't considering any other alternatives? I suggested two things. On day 1, when there had been little serious discussion. The first was an idea I truly believed would help us, the second something that occurred to me and which I thought good to throw out in the open. Has it ever occurred to you that I might have been trying to help instead of distracting us from finding the wolves? Some people find it way too easy to dismiss the latter option. After I'm dead, I'd suggest taking a close look at Nog, and to a lesser extent also Nerwen. It'd be extremely convenient for the wolves or the real Ferny to get someone lynched, her only crime being talking too much.

Quote:
How likely it is that an Aganwolf would have gone after Nog (expecting that Nog-Seer would die, of course) knowing that his death would point to her is debatable, however.
She could have. Better get rid of a suspected seer (even if doing so implicates you - you can always argue it was a framing attempt) before they manage to cause any serious damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I'm afraid that depends on how valuable they think the BW's "help" to them is --- If we get one wolf like toDay and another one is getting lots of suspicion as well they might try to turn our eyes towards the BW...
What do you mean? That they'll try to make us concentrate on finding the BW rather than a wolf? (I am asking this because to me it would've seemed more logical to replace "our" with "their", but Nog doesn't naturally need to answer my question because I'm obviously just diverting his attention away from the wolves.)
Also, if the wolves & the BW can't win together, I doubt they find her help worth much. They know her identity now which means they can reveal it whenever they wish, so if the BW wants to have a chance to win, I'd assume it's in her interests to try to be nice to the wolves and hope we bandwagon against them when they've already logged out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If there is even one reasonable wolf in the pack, they'd know better than to think me the seer.
Because you called someone who's not a wolf the cobbler, you can't be the seer?
There's something awfully off about Nog's seer rant (and him in general), and while it might be only because it was late/he was drunk , I'm currently toying with the idea that he's our Ferny. That would explain his excessive attack against me yesterday and now his worry about being considered the seer (which, to me, sounds much more like the cobbler's plea "Hey wolves I'm like seriously not the seer, don't eat me!" than the real seer trying to maintain his "dum dee dum I'm not the seer" facade. Just because it would be idiotic of the seer to attack a non-dreamed of person like that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I'm not too optimistic about the wolves' willingness to throw the BW under the bus in any near future unless we can really pressure them.
You mean like this: "Hey wolves, the BW is certainly a bigger problem to you than to us, it's in your best interests to step out and tell us who it is (so Tom can take care of them and we can lynch you)!"?
If one of the wolves is under the risk of being lynched, I see no harm for them in revealing the BW. After all, she thwarted their first kill and is their worst rival for the title of the Lord of Night-Time Bree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
An easy vote for a wolf to have made, but at the same time I'd at least expect a wolf to qualify it with a "gut feeling", or something like it.
I seem to remember he did something similar last time I played, and he was a wolf - so I wouldn't put it past him. (Incidentally, it was your game.)

Quote:
My sole observation is that I'd wonder why "entertaining" trumps "useful" when considering a lynch.
It struck me as something that might be a cobbler hint; "I want useful players out!" Not sure though.

Quote:
knowing that the wolves attacked the Wight Night 1 is actually a pretty big piece of information for us. I don't see why we shouldn't pursue it.
As long as we don't know who the wolves are, we can't know who they could have attacked. Did they target the seer or a player deemed dangerous, did they want to leave no trails, or did they want to frame someone? When either a wolf or the BW is gone, we can go through the posts and see if the dead wolf seemed to know more about some player/if any player seemed to know more about the dead BW. But before that, I think it's a waste of time to try to draw any conclusions from the fact that the wolves attacked the BW last night, and I don't like how intent Shasta is on doing it.
(I like wilwa for saying about the same things.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I still find Aganzir suspicious.
Still? As far as I remember, you barely even mentioned me yesterday before voting for me.

Quote:
I don't know how much she has been talking about Cobblers in the recent games, but she seemed to react so happily to the notion that people should discuss Cobblers that it seemed, she was happy about it, because it would mean people would talk about her.
A lot. Usually it was only me saying "Hey guys, we shouldn't ignore the cobbler, I've won as a wolf because we could keep a known cobbler alive for days!" and then they just ignored me and the wolves won with the cobbler's help. This is the reason for my happiness.

Quote:
she did put out an unlikely strategy proposition which would require a lot of discussion
I didn't consider it an actual proposition but just an idea, and after Nerwen said (right after I had posted it) that she found it too complicated, I was like "Okay, we're not doing it then." What both you and Nog fail to mention is that I never pushed the idea - so you're only suspecting me for something that might have happened instead of what I actually did.

Quote:
Aganzir, I see as too sensible to put up such a strategy unless doing so on purpose.
Elaborate what you mean by this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I was first to vote and there had been no useful discussion.
So you vote for the one who's trying to be useful? Tsk tsk.

Quote:
Talking about Cobblers is not in itself an unusual act for Agan.
Why the rolleyes? :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I'll try the Shasta tactic of... Shasta tactic? Shastactic?
Shasticle's Shastactic. Oh boy, someone is popular.