View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #312
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I can only concur with everything my dear packmate has said above. Nice game design, Lottie - I think the two Unicorns (I was the Werecorn, of course) more or less balanced out the high percentage of wolves, as both packs were anxious not to kill them, and Nog's reveal didn't make life any easier for us, either. And I loved the laconic minimalism of your narrations!

I'm happy to return Zil's compliments. His perceptions of people were most astute - e.g. he pegged Legate as a likely member of the rival pack after Day 1, based on the way he'd been suspecting me (assuming the Aphid Seer had dreamt me) and made a sound and elaborate case for TEW's innocence (a splendid counterpart to his attack on the thread!) in Night 4, when Kit's daring double wolf-on-wolf against Legate and Boro had made me waver about my gut-feeling that TEW was the Innocorn. (You really should post our PMs! Or I can do it, if you haven't saved them all.) And it was quite nice for both of us to know for once we were on the same side.
If Zil had his night of agony in Night 3, it was my turn to come close to despair in Night 4. I wasn't sure how the Unicorn role would affect the endgame - i.e. if the Innocorn was the last innocent standing, could we claim victory or would we have to kill him and go through the motions again the next Day with a revived ordo? - , and both of us feared that the Aphid Seer had dreamed one of us and, to avoid a Unicorn revival, would go for Zil, who couldn't protect himself that Night; I dreaded the perspective of being the last wolf in the endgame and thought the best I could hope to achieve would be a draw. It was Zil who reminded me that the Seerwolf couldn't see our gifts and was just as likely to target me - as it turned out to be.

Lommy, it must have sucked for you to go so early, but I hope it's a comfort that we avenged you. Very well seered, and well played - I hope you didn't mind that I stole some of your ideas from our Nightly discussion *coughHunterrevealingasSeercough*. (For the record, Lommy's other candidates for the Night 1 dream were Kit and Nerwen, both of which would have been splendid choices as well.)

All in all, I enjoyed being part of this pack very much - although I wouldn't have minded being teamed up with any of the Aphids, either. Unlike your insect counterparts, you were formidable opponents, Legate and Boro - and Kit fooled my innocent persona totally. (For curiosity's sake, Kit, what were your dreams?)

wilwa, all I can say is your co-victory was thoroughly deserved.

Nog, I have to agree with Boro that this was a model Seer performance. Actually, your assessments of TEW and Kit were a big help to us figuring out which was which last Night!
And ŕ propos,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
If anyone wants to know, Noggie dreamed of Pitchie his last Night. Good seer. *pets Noggie*
Not quite "Of course you would" this time, but I had a strong feeling you might, and therefore was quite adamant we had to kill you now or never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I'm still kicking myself. The Night I died, I had a shortlist of people to hunt: Boro, Kit, Pitch, Legate... and Sally.
Wow. Or rather, Phew! We were quite right to fear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I kind of suspected the innocents would lose, seems to happen every time I am the Ranger.. Eeeek.
Haha. I had thought about forgoing the protection on Nog Night 2, but whenever I gamble, the opposite tends to happen. So, I figured protecting him was better than losing him. And just envisioned the Princess Bride in my head.
Don't blame yourself, I'd absolutely have done the same in your shoes.

sally, kudos for being spot on about me on Day 1 - that was a nasty trap you caught me in, I was tremendously relieved when Nerwen got rid of you for me. And
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
whoever left the anonymous neg rep for doing the moddess' bidding
can't have been in your last game; I think it should have been obvious you'd got a post mortem assignment, similar to the phantom's Heckler role. Thanks for co-modding, too!

TEWie, you really did very very well - I mean, not only correctly identifying the four remaining wolves, but also their respective packs! And although I wavered a bit about you and Kit for a while, it would have truly surprised me if you'd turned out a rival wolf, you felt so innocent to me.

Good job, everybody - including Shasta and Morsul; sorry both of you had to go so early (but then again, not really *wolvish grin*).

Finally,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
"Mr. Agreeable", indeed.
That's gonna stick with me for good now, I guess. I'll just have to live with it...