View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 11:04 AM   #31
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Lindil,

Regarding Aragorn's marriage, I agree wholeheartedly with all your points. And I don't mean to imply that he was arrogant, grasping, or ... whatever. But I do think there must have been a loud voice in his mind saying, 'Sixty-plus years... and I really did it. I really earned her hand.' At least, I find myself hoping so. Hercules had nothing on Strider.

Regarding the Silm-- hoo, boy. I read it over 4th of July, and my poor mother in law had to put up with my saying things like, "Fingolfin! NOOOO!!" and "Sorry, Gondolin has just fallen, and I have to go away and cry now." And when Gondolin opened and troops poured out, I stood up and shouted in triumph. (Amazingly, my inlaws love me anyway.)

Regarding The Fairy Wife: thank you so much. No, I haven't sent it in yet, because I am stubbornly waiting for those journals to make sure I haven't abused Osanwe too badly! And also, I am slowly pondering several of your suggested changes, and item by item, I may either take your advice or dodge it more creatively. (I think the dragon stays, but I may explain him a little better.) Regardless, I am deeply in your debt. --Helen

[ August 19, 2002: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]