View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #335
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
I don't see how some of the most talkative ones can be considered more helpful due to the possibility that every word they say is designed to mislead or indeed because they write so long a post people don't want to read it
I don't mean "helpful" in the sense of actually actively doing things to help, although, of course, the louder people tend to do more of that as well, but "helpful" because we actually have something to go on. As you said, quiet people leave a greater possibility for judgment error. If I'm going to be left alive as one of three on the last Day (as seems to happen to me a lot, but I mean this in the case of anyone), I don't want to be left with two quiet players to choose between! I want plenty of evidence through which to sift, and we're all better off on any day when we have that.

If' you're going to start "TLDNR"ing, we might as well just quit. It defeats the whole purpose of WW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Initially, I was waiting around to see if I would get any more votes, and vote to save myself accordingly. The "Legate 180" referred to my sudden opinion change.
Maybe I missed something. Is "Legate 180" a common expression these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Er, pardon? You think Nessa's defense of Lottie was genuine, and this prompts you to vote the one she defended? Does not compute.
My first thought on this was "good catch", and my second thought was "wait a minute. Nessa could very well genuinely defend someone and be totally wrong about them."

If I were a Pitchwolf, I'd back off Nessa now, too, if she were innocent.

Edit: X'd with Zil.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote