View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
I have recently enrolled in an eight-day creative writing class at my school. The focus is nature and travel writing yet somehow it always turns into something very Tolkienesqe for me. This probably has a good deal to do with my own inexperience with creative writing (I haven't done it since I was in the forth grade) so I have not developed my own style in anyway. So far I have found it very enjoyable, which surprises me greatly, and I would like to continue with it - even if I am quite lousy at it. Particularly with the punctuation aspect of it, I will never understand it's complexities.

HERE you can find one of first pieces. I did it mostly for own amusement and was a terrible copier of both Tolkien and the Barrow-Downs. Please do not think too poorly of me, I had fun.

And HERE is my later work. It has an Ent in it I fear. It is much more like my usual work and is less of a ripping-off-of. Still a bit bad though . . .
I wrote about Ents as well, just not so blatantly that it was noticed by our English teacher. I also inserted the word 'Arda'.