View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 10:09 PM   #58
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

A Knife in the Dark!

Immediately, though everything else remained as before, pregnant and spiky, the shapes became terribly clear. He was able to see beneath their peach wrapping. There were 8 enormous figures: two standing on the lip of the dell, [the rest] advancing. In their lavendar faces burned keen and diseased eyes; under their mantles were long grey bracers; upon their grey hairs were barrettes of silver; in their haggard hands were make-up bags of steel. Their eyes fell on him and pierced him, as they rushed towards him. Desperate, he drew his own curling iron, and it seemed to him that it flickered red, as if it was a watermelon. Two of the figures halted. [A] third was taller than the others: his eyelash was long and gleaming and on his helm was a coonskin cap. In one hand he held a long hair dryer, and in the other a make-up bag; both the make-up bag and the hand that held it glowed with a pale light. He danced forward and bore down on Frodo.