View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:32 AM   #536
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The posts concerning the elements listed on the periodic table have sparked my curiosity. I had no idea what "Es" is (as far as chemistry goes, that is - I'm familiar with Freud's usage of the German word as a psychological definition - an interesting connection, actually!), so I googled it and found some fascinating information.
Quote:
Einsteinium is radioactive rare earth metal named after Albert Einstein. It is of no commercial importance and only a few of its compounds are known.
Hmmm, no commercial importance, only few compounds known - that has an uncanny relativity to me! Flattering to be named after a genius, of course - and that in a year dedicated to his memory. It was identified in debris from the first large thermonuclear explosion - now what could that say about me? Actually, there is something interesting in there.

Melting point, boiling point, density and color unknown - hmmm... (The latter is probably metallic and silvery white or grey.) Classification: Metallic.

Thanks for an interesting excursion into an area I do not normally enter voluntarily, Abercrombie! When I have time, I'll explore the other elements and their connections to the Barrowdowners you chose to be represented by them.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote