View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #588
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was gonna wait to write Heart till the halfway point before posting, but the newsfeed cat dragged in some videos again which I don't want to lose, and since I'm posting them, decided to post an update on Heart as well. Please ignore the trailing off music at the end. I am getting to the phase where I get it and like it, but it still stubbornly refuses to be a duet with contrasting parts like Renunciation. The pro is that this way the same score can be used to sing either solo or in duet, and I will maintain that Finrod's use of Amarie's instruments is part of his daydreaming. I am also noticing with this piece that it sounds drastically different in different headsets... I am using what is supposed to be the best quality one to balance the volume etc, but this whole headphones thing makes me question the quality of whatever comes out and how it sounds on other people's devices. If there is anything on the progress takes that stands out to you as needs adjusting though, let me know - easier to adjust sooner rather than later.

As a side note, even though this song will technically be the end of Act 1, I will need to seriously revisit Doriath Duet before we finalize the musical - either now, or at the end. It needs to be re-scored and Melian re-sung; at the moment it sticks out like a kindergarten paint job in an advanced art class. At minimum, I will use the same tempo and bars etc and just change the score. But at maximum, ideally I would like to redo it completely at a faster tempo - but that would also mean re-singing Thingol and remaking all the animations, and is not something I would be heartbroken over. So maybe we can start collecting things that need redoing in that piece, and at some point decide the extent to which it needs touching up? As for touching up, I also want to touch up Duel. This one really is a touch up. I think after a long time I came to agree with your take that the vocals should be louder and the music quieter - but to get there and still have pretty music I would need to tweak the score; at minimum rebalance the volume, and ideally also rework the instruments to make it "fuller" to match the latter pieces, but either way it keeps the timing so doesn't affect the singing or animations.

Aaaaanyways. Getting ahead of myself here.

Youtube studios near you present: Duel and Showdown, performed by the Zombieland-in-Gaurhoth group which we've seen in 2021 already but at a different venue. Somewhat amusingly, the guy who plays Beren is named Birin. Luthien sings very well. I am still not a fan of this high-pitched Sauron, or the Silmaril crown. I still find the zombie-control concept interesting but still ultimately disagree with it; Sauron capturing the Elves' souls or minds or wills doesn't sit right with the idea of their continuous resistance and defiance onto their deaths.

P.S:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Since the Heart images are all ready, I might see if I can make a start on the Ballad images. I feel like I made a list once of what they should be, I'll have a search.
Think I found that discussion in 309 and the next few posts. I am amused at how 2 years ago I used to think that we'd be done "a year from now" and that would be a long time. And also amused that I still occasionally plan the credits music while in the shower, and am still no closer to starting that part or even starting to seriously think about that part - too much real content to go through still.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-02-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote