Thread: Fond memories
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bombadil
Boots Fond memories

I would definitely agree that the movies lacked the proper magic needed to satisfy fans of " The Lord of the Rings," but regardless every December for the past 3 years has been a magical time for me.

This thread is basically for looking back on the good times at the theaters during, and leading up to, each movie.

My favorite by far was at the midnight showing for The Return of the King. The best part was that everyone willing to go see the movie at that time were as nerdy as my friends and I. Myself and 3 other companions went to see it dressed as hobbits, and our one odd-friend-out as a Ringwraith. We even were used in a local news segment due to our attire!

While there we met some fellow hobbits, a Gandalf, a Legolas, and other various hardcore fans. I remember the growing feeling of anticipation as the hour grew nearer to midnight. At one point a random person stood up front and sang for us! It was truly a happy memory for me.

My favorite part though was singing the Annie Lennox song with my fellow hobbits afterwards. What a great end to the trilogy it was for me!

So Hey dol! Merry dol! Come and share your stories, and relate to the nostalgic tales!