View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #7
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
It appears we have another adaptation of Tolkien. For those of you wanting to have a complete collection of DVDs, you might (or might not) want to consider investing in this:

Click on Toto Baggypants....

Once you hit the big time in popular culture, you never know what's coming next!

Can anyone more clever than I think of any character names they want to add to this list?

Well, I'm hardly more clever than you Child but as the author of Saladriel and Celery for REB I, I simply cannot resist this call to produce some verbiage beyond belief.

Goldberry I won't touch, but I will suggest Tom Broccadill, as a half measure.

I'm positive that Tolkien's younger brother Hillary, a farmer, gave him the name of Radishgast, which Tolkien sr. emended to Radagast.

The spare hobbits, who teach Rohan and Gondor the historical veracity of halfling, would of course be Parsnip and MungBean, who return to The Shire to marry Choy Sum and Snow Pea.

The great and wise elf who governs Rivendill would be Endive.

The two heroic sons of Gondor undoubtedly would be Beetamir--unfortunately borschted by Rutabaga the Orc--and Fennelmir.

There was that elf Leekofa also who had something to do with the story. And the big baddie was naturally Eye of the Spud. The two trees were also known as Pestorion and Cock-a-leekie, or sometimes Floralin.

Apologies to all who are fans of Veggie Tales, whose sensibility I might have dredged in too much vinegar. Obviously, I have no shame at this hour of the night when digging around in the punden.