View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 05:37 AM   #5
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Sam sort of reminds me of Christian from Moulin Rouge. I can just see him saying "Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinian fell through my roof." hee hee.

Of course, the connection came because Baz Luhrman has always talked about Moulin Rouge as a retelling of the Orpheus myth, and Sam sort of does the whole Orpheus thing when he goes to rescue Frodo from Minas Morgul. (Except, of course, he does it right)
Anyway, that's my connection.

Quote:
Audrey just seems to remind me of Faramir. I wonder why. (The actor who plays Faramir also plays Audrey)
Oh great. Thanks a lot. As if it wasn't hard enough to watch movie-Faramir normally, now I'm going to constantly have to banish images of him in a purple wig with makeup... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Oh, and I always think of Gollum and Sauron when I hear Richard Roxburg's (the Duke) line; It's not that I'm a jealous man... I just don't like other people touching my things!!!

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Garen LiLorian ]
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote