View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #71
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*As Lumiel was setting the cake to be baked,a man asked her to watch his ingredients*

"No problem! I shall guard them with my life!"

*She smiled at the man with a childish grin and laughed at what she said, accentuating her own childish mindset. She turned back to her work and noticed a bag of flour that sat on the edge of the counter near her and was about to fall. Her eyes widened in surprise and she dropped the spatula she was using to spread the cake mix into the large cake-pan and dived for the bag of flour. She caught the bottom just before it hit the floor and a cloud of white went up around her, falling down softly to settle on both Lumiel and the floor.*

"Phew! That was close."

*She stood up and placed the flour back safely on the counter and looked down at herself. She looked like a young ghostly elven maiden come back from the dead. As she thought of this, she took a zombie-like pose and spoke in a dead, even voice*

"Rrrrggghh....I am Lumiel, I've come for the cake of the dead!"

*She laughed again, this time louder at her own joke, corny as it was. She tried to brush off some of the flour but to no avail, it was stuck in her shirt and leggings as well as her long-brown hair. Although her overall appearance now seemed dimmed, her eyes shone brightly through to the world around her, like stars against the dim blackness of the night. She shrugged and went back to setting the cake mix*

"Let's see....should I just put frosting on the top? Or maybe some fruit...Oh yes! Strawberries and blueberries would be wonderful! But I have to save room for a picture of that Frodo and Sam and his family that they were talking about. Wish I knew what they looked like...well, I can worry about that later when I decorate the cake."

*As she finished pouring the cake mix into the large pan, she looked around for a vacant oven and found one nearby. She carefully brought the pan near the oven and started the oven up. After a few minutes, it was ready and she gently laid the pan inside, closing the door. She looked around for something to help her get the flour off of her while she was waiting for the cake to bake.

Her eyes fell on a semi-clean rag and she picked it up, wiping off her face and trying to dust off the flour. For the most part, this worked but smudges of it were still on her face and clothing but she no longer looked like a ghost. While waiting for the cake to bake, she got herself a glass of water and watched the people come and go, keeping an eye on the ingredients for the man as she promised. She finished her water, and went to check on the cake.

She opened the oven door, and the wonderful aroma of a freshly-baked cake wafted out. She took oven-mitts and put them on, carefully taking out the cake. As she let the cake cool off, she went in search of frosting and fruit. After her quest for these items was complete, she began to decorate the cake. First she spread a smooth, creamy layer of white frosting over the entire cake, which was large, considering how many people it had to serve. Once the frosting was spread evenly over the cake, she did a border with the frosting out of light blue. She smile, pleased with her work. Then she took some strawberries and laid them with care at the corners of and around the border of the cake. She took blueberries and did the same on the cake. She sighed, feeling tired from all the hard work she had put into the cake*

"Well, now I just need to put a picture on...Well, I can do that with frosting, it shouldn't be too difficult, but I don't know what they look like!"

*She turned and looked around the kitchen for someone who would know what they looked like. Her eyes came upon no one, to her dismay and she peeked out of the kitchen to the tavern beyond. She saw several elves, but felt nervous about asking them. She noticed a hobbit who had been in the kitchen before and decided to ask her. She thought back to what she had heard her name was and called over to her*

"Excuse me, Miss Belin? When you get a chance, I need some help with the cake. It's all set, but I don't know what Frodo, Sam, and his family look like. Perhaps you could help me?"

*As she looked up, she saw a picture with a plaque beneath it which read FRODO BAGGINS. Nearby was a similar picture of Bilbo and of Sam as well. She smiled and knew what she had to do. She called out to Belin*

"Nevermind Belin, I've got it covered!"

*She ran back into the kitchen and put all her efforts into the final decorations of the cake. When she was done, she was covered in bits of frosting and flour, but the cake had the spitting image of Frodo, Bilbo, Sam, and many hobbit children on it. With that, she brought the cake out and put it on the bar. She sat down in a chair and sighed*

"Whew, kitchen work was never so hard before! I'm not sure if I'll have the heart to eat the cake after all that work! But why else make it if you can't eat it?"

*She smiled and sat by the bar, watching the others around her. The Feast was going to be something!*

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Lumiel ]

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Lumiel ]