View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 04:33 AM   #67
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Belin stuck her head out of the kitchen. "Cami!" she cried. "Thank you! How do you get all these volunteers? We've got a cake done already, and Lumiel's done a beautiful job!"

But Cami had gone to bed. Belin stood up straight and looked around, wondering how well the inn would run without her and Mistress Pio and nervously fingering her red feather once again.

But all seemed to be going smoothly. Nearly everyone was working or sleeping, and that meal was already shaping up to be something to remember!

Belin looked around for something she could do. There--the decorations lay on the bar, near Morestel and Sofiya, who were deep in conversation. She picked up the beautiful streamers, and realized with a grimace that she was not quite tall enough to hang them, and standing on the stools was quite out of the question (not least because they were occupied!). She cleared her throat delicately, hoping to catch their attention.

"Excuse me," she said, "would you mind helping me with this, please?"
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum